Congleton High School Sixth Form
Welcome to Congleton High School's Sixth Form area. As an 11-18 educator, our aim of ‘Achieving Success Together’ continues to be firmly upheld as students join us in Years 12 and 13.
- We have a good record of examination success.
- We are in the top three institutions in Cheshire East for vocational results and significantly above the national average in Applied General Qualifications.
- We are significantly above the national average in our GCSE Mathematics and English resit results.
- Our Sixth Form provision is big enough for us to offer a wide range of courses but still enables us to focus on students as individuals.
- Our students appreciate the good relationships that have been built between them and our staff
- The academic progress and personal development of each of our students is monitored and supported.
- Students benefit from high quality teaching, which builds on their existing knowledge and skills.
- We offer clear and informed careers and university help and advice. The vast majority of our students achieve their preferred university choice, including Oxford and Cambridge.
- Academic and vocational pathways are equally valued and supported.
- Our Sixth Form students have their own modern, bright premises, The Taylor Building.
Enrolment for students wishing to join us in September 2022 to study at Sixth Form will be in August 2022. The exact date and more information will be available closer to the time.
The deadline for applications for a September 2022 place is Tuesday 14th December 2021. If, for any reason, you have missed this date, please contact me or one of the Sixth Form Support Team.
Once you have looked at our website, please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions that have not been answered.
Miss J Boulton
Assistant Headteacher - Leader of Sixth Form/ Careers
Our Sixth Form Open Evenings are held in October each year
Details of our October 2022 Open Evening will be posted here and shared on our social media pages once the date and format have been decided.
If you are unable to attend the Open Evening, please contact Miss Boulton and she will arrange for a separate visit